Attorney Nettie F. Sabin has more than 32 years of in-depth legal experience in the areas of divorce, child support, adoption, domestic violence, real estate law, wills and trusts, family law and other areas. Her goal is to provide her clients with the highest quality legal services at reasonable and affordable fees. If you are in the midst of a divorce or are considering one, or if you have parentage, custody or other legal issues, Attorney Sabin offers a complimentary case review, which can be scheduled by contacting The Law Office of Nettie F. Sabin.
Attorney Sabin Practice Areas
Attorney Sabin provides legal counsel and representation in several areas, including, but not limited to the following:
- Family Law – Family law is a broad area of practice the encompasses the many issues noted below:
- Pre-Marital Agreement – Before getting married or entering into a Civil Union, an agreement between prospective spouses in contemplation of the marriage to establish support, property and wills/trusts rules for the marriage or civil union, upon separation, divorce, death or any other specified event.
- Divorce – Dissolving a Marriage or a Civil Union has become an increasingly complex area involving statutes and case law on issues involving children, support, assets and liabilities.
- Parentage, or Paternity – Establishing the parent–child relationship outside of Marriage or Civil Union.
- Custody – Who makes the major decisions for the children, such as healthcare, education and religious training, one parent alone or both parents jointly?
- Parenting Schedule – No matter what the custodial arrangement is, a parenting schedule, including regular, holiday and vacation parenting time, must be in writing and entered by the court to ensure enforceability.
- Child Support – Determine whether a parent is required to pay child support and the amount to be paid. Contribution to costs for child care, extra-curricular activities and out –of-pocket medical expenses can be ordered over and above child support.
- Maintenance/Alimony/Spousal Support – One of the spouses may be entitled to support from the other. Issues include an appropriate level of support and for what period of time should support be paid by one spouse to the other during and after divorce.
- Division of Assets – when a Marriage or Civil Union is dissolved, martial property is divided and ownership issues may arise, as well as whether there was dissipation by one of the parties. Any Pre-Marital Agreement and the allocation of debt will impact the division of property and assets. Marital property includes pension and deferred compensation plans, employee stock options and profit sharing plans, as well as real estate, bank accounts, furniture and furnishings, airline miles, club memberships, etc.
- Domestic Violence – Obtain Orders of Protection and exclusive possession of the marital or civil union residence to prevent future abuse of a party and/or a child. Injunctive orders may be included to prevent dissipation or concealment of marital assets by the abusive party.
- Adoption – Whether adopting a child through an agency, or a related adoption such as having a new spouse adopt your child from another marriage or relationship, the statute must be strictly adhered to in order to avoid negative consequences.
Divorce and Parentage issues often affect many people in addition to the parties in the marriage and the children; grandparents, other relatives on both sides of the family, friends, neighbors, religious leaders, healthcare providers and teachers are general examples. The disposition of Divorce issues and Parentage issues are life-altering. To protect your rights and the rights of your children, and to get your equitable share of marital property, you must be assertive. Attorney Sabin has extensive experience in all areas of Family Law and she is committed to the providing the highest Quality Personal Service when representing you.
Other Practice Areas
In addition to family law, Attorney Sabin’s practice areas include:
- Residential Real Estate – Buy, sell, or refinance, you need an experienced attorney to guide you through the transaction. Representation by Nettie F. Sabin in Residential Real Estate matters includes review of contracts, inspections, title issues and insurance, financing, review of all transfer and other documents, and the closing.
- Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney – Wills and/or Trusts are needed to protect your loved ones and your property, and to ensure your wishes are followed upon your death. Powers of Attorney for Property and for Healthcare are essential to ensuring that someone you trust is making decisions for you when you cannot due to illness or injury.
Law Office of Nettie F. Sabin
Attorney Sabin is available for a complimentary consultation to discuss your case. She provides zealous legal representation in the areas of family law, divorce, paternity, adoption, residential real estate, wills, trusts, power of attorney, domestic violence and more. Attorney Sabin is committed to providing high-quality legal services with affordable, reasonable fees. To schedule your appointment, contact The Law Office of Nettie F. Sabin.